You may have heard that Marcone Canada has a new president, and the rumors are true! Peter Szachlewicz has recently joined Team Marcone Canada to lead our rapid expansion throughout the country.
With 15 years of experience in the appliance industry, Peter Szachlewicz comes to Marcone Canada after long stints as the GM of Small Appliances at Electrolux Home Care Products and Brand & Product Sales Manager at Whirlpool Corporation. A native Ontarian living again in his hometown of Oakville, Peter works from Marcone Canada headquarters at the Vaughan location, near Toronto, ON.
Help welcome him and get to know a little more about the head of our Canadian division. For Peter’s introduction, we decided to ask him some questions about some of his favorites and firsts.
- Like so many of us, Peter loves a cold beer as a favorite beverage. He’s also partial to a glass of quality Cabernet.
- His first concert was April Wine, a popular 70s and 80s band from Halifax best known for singles like “Just Between You and Me” and “Roller.” Rock on, Peter.
- If he could time travel, Peter says he’d return to 1989, his last year of school at Sheridan College. “It was just a time of no commitments, lots of playing hockey, and having fun.”
- When asked about any hidden talents, Peter mentioned that he’s played goalie position in hockey since the age of seven. He even competed at junior and collegiate levels.
- Though he’s only been at Marcone Canada for a short time, the best part of the job for this president is “the great people—customers and staff alike.”
- “Is there such a thing?” was Peter’s reply to the question “What’s your favorite vegetable?” Fair enough.
- When guests visit, Peter likes to take them out in downtown Toronto for dinner or to catch a hockey game. And although he lives near Toronto, Peter is actually an avid Philadelphia Flyers fan.